Sunday Soul: Back to School!
It’s the last Sunday-funday before my son starts school and I have mixed emotions.
On one hand, I’m ready to return to a routine that doesn’t involve me monitoring screen time or explaining why we can’t eat out for EVERY meal. Seriously.
On the other hand, this has been Jake’s most unstructured summer and I liked it. The whole house got into the late night, late morning groove. We eased into the day and spent time just talking while tossing a ball around the trampoline. I’ll miss that.
But endings are also beginnings.
For those of us with kids, the new school year is really more significant than the new year because it’s a chance to reset the way we do life as a family.
So, whether you have children or not, whether you’re counting the days until school starts or dreading that day, I wanted to share some of my personal mantras for living 2017/2018 in a way that feels good to me.
- Focus on what you can control: effort, preparation and attitude.
- My best isn’t always the best and that’s ok.
- Pause and enjoy the moment.
- Leave time for magic.
- Just breathe
- All is well.
Have a mantra you want to share? I’d love to hear it.
Wishing you all a happy new (school) year.
Sunday Soul: Kick Up Your Feet & Relax
Sometimes a mama’s just got to kick her feet up and enjoy the nectar of the Gods. Love this this adorable sign from a...
BOSS LADY INTERVIEW: Jennifer Boonlorn from Soul Carrier
1. How do you stay inspired and fuel your creative vibe? Music is my fuel. I am a Spotify junkie. Certain lyrics set ...
BOSS LADY INTERVIEW: Diana Elizabeth Steffen
1. How do you stay inspired and fuel your creative vibe? I clean and refresh my creative spaces – my office and home...