Intro to Start Happy
Wouldn’t it feel great to wake up tomorrow morning prepared to take on the week like a boss?
I’d like to introduce you to Start Happy, my new weekly feature that I will deliver to your inbox every Sunday to help you start the week primed for happiness, balance and success!
I should let you in on a little secret, I’m a HUGE believer in the power of happiness. Why? Well, because as anyone who has ever been unhappy for an extended period of time will tell you, it’s hard to be your best, most productive self when you feel like crap. Maybe you can relate?
I know some people poo-poo happiness like it’s a frivolous luxury, but I wholeheartedly disagree.
Happiness is the whole point of point of life. I’m not talking momentary I just won the lottery happiness, but the happiness you feel in your bones when you’ve done something you didn’t think you could; the relief of a great big belly laugh when something strikes your funny bone; the joy of seeing your child cradle their first-born; the contentment you feel when you know you’ve eased another’s burden.
I refuse to believe that we were put on Earth to suffer. If you agree, then you’re in the right place!
Everything I post, teach and share is intended to do one thing: help you access the happiness that already exists. You don’t have to “create it” or “cultivate it” or eat, love pray to find it. It’s right there waiting for you, we just need to break down the barriers that keep you from seeing it.
This weekly blog post is no exception.
Each week, I’ll share reflections and tips on how you can access happiness everyday, but more importantly, I’m going to give you tools to get proactive in living a happy and successful life using my proprietary GLOW Method™ system for happiness. You can learn more about it here.
- Print out this Start Happy PDF.
- Spend time writing down your intention, or goal, for the week. For example, this week I will be focused and productive. Or, this week I will mind my own business.
- Identify your top priorities for the week. These are the things you have to complete for the week to feel like a success.
- Schedule in self-care on at least four days (but seven would be the bomb). This could be anything from a nail appointment or gym class to a coffee date with friends or reading by a fire.
- If you’re pursuing a personal goal, write it down on one the blank lines at the bottom of the page so you can track it this week.
- Keep your Start Happy sheet with you all week and write down what you are grateful for at the end of each day. Need more room? Try this blank journal.
- Each day check the boxes as you practice the GLOW principles of gratitude, letting go, owning it and doing everything with love. Want to know more? Watch this.
- Measure progress toward your personal goals.
Starting the week with intention and purpose is a surefire way to set yourself up for success. If you have any questions about this process, hit reply and tell me all about it.
Here’s to a fabulous week!
Start Happy: The Art of Staying Present
Happy Sunday, As we enter the last week of November I want you to focus on tuning in. I know you probably expected...
Start Happy: Thanksgiving
Happy Sunday beautiful, I hope you’ve had a relaxing weekend because we’ve got a big week coming up. Thanksgiving...